This is a general qualification for a person engaged in basic operations within the rail infrastructure environment undertaking a range of tasks involving known routines and procedures and taking some responsibility for the quality of work outcomes.
Please note that this is the latest version of the Qualification. Last updated May 2017.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
Job roles and titles vary across different sectors. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
A total of 16 units of competency comprising:
- 7 core units listed below plus
- All units within one of the specialist elective unit groups (job roles) from Group A, Group B or Group C listed below plus
- 3 general elective units from the general elective units listed below if selecting Group A or Group C or
- 4 general elective units from the general elective units listed below if selecting Group B.
- The general elective units may be selected from any relevant nationally endorsed Training Package. The general elective units must contribute to the vocational outcomes of the qualification. Where imported units are selected, care must be taken to ensure that all prerequisite units specified are complied with.
- The following imported units have a prerequisite unit:
- CPCCCM2007B Use explosive power tools
- CPCCCM2008B Erect and dismantle restricted height scaffolding
|TLIB1028||Maintain and use hand tools|
|TLID1001||Shift materials safely using manual handling methods|
|TLIE1003||Participate in basic workplace communication|
|TLIF1001||Follow work health and safety procedures|
|TLIF2010||Apply fatigue management strategies|
|TLIF2080||Safely access the rail corridor|
|TLIU2008||Apply environmental procedures to rail infrastructure|
If you would like to see the elective courses please clink on the link below for more information: